Thursday 6 January 2011

2011 is kind of a big deal for me...





I don't particularly want to set myself up for failure by resolving many a wish that may fall by the wayside come february, but 2011 is a big year for me. It is (will be) a pivotal point in my life. We always strive for the best that life has to offer, and we always moan a little when we wander off the path and find ourselves lost in a forest of confusion and self doubt. Then we swear off the cakes and up the exercise a little, for a month or two, and things go back to normal. That is an acceptable enough cycle. But, sometimes, we get that feeling, right deep in our bones, that there is more to life than i am chosing to live right now. And giving up my cake just isn't enough to make things better again. 

I have had a couple of pretty crap years, not worth rehashing here, but suffice to say, it culminated in spending christmas alone. With my dog and my cat of course, but, alone. My parents and aunty are on the other side of the world from me, in Australia, so there is no 'safety net' over the christmas break, all of my wonderful, gorgeous loving friends over here in the UK, were with their families, as is the natural order of Yuletide. It pretty much cemented what I had already been cooking up in my head for the past few months. After 17 years of living in England, I decided the time was right to move back to Australia. With my dog and my cat of course. And the thought terrifies me.

This is one of the reasons I began this blog, I needed somewhere to record how I am feeling while I take the necessary steps to move the last little vestiges of life here in England, back to Oz. The other reason I started this blog, is I wanted to record my journey through mamahood. If, and when that were ever to happen. Which realistically needs to happen in the very near future, but seems quite unrealistic to me at the moment. You see, I am single, and I turn 40 this coming March. I guess, you can begin to see my potential (read, very real) problem.

Anyway, I have gone slightly off topic for this update, as I wanted to make some resolutions and see how I do by the end of the year. so.

1.   Drink more water. An easy one. And free.
2.   Get more pedicures. Also an easy one. I only need one to tick this baby off.
3.   Celebrate my 40th birthday with laughter and a nice big party full of my lovely friends.
4.   Move to Australia
5.   Spend quality time with my family (to make up for the last 17 years of absence)
6.   Concentrate on making my trinket shop succesful
7.   Establish myself with some new massage clients in Australia.
8.   A better quality of life. (i know. this is quite sweeping.)
9.   A house with a big wide veranda and fly wire doors.
10. A big studio space in that house for all my glitter and shizzle.

Um. This is actually not much of a 'resolution' list, but rather an 'i want!' list. And you'll notice i have played it very safe and not even gone for numbers...

11. someone to share my life with, and
12. a bubby.

Why complicate an otherwise attainable list?

I read someone's fantastic '30 things to do before they turn 30' list the other day, and I LOVE the idea of making one myself. I have so many ideas. But, I would have to turn it into a '40 things to do before i turn 40' list, which gives me, like just under 3 months to cram it all in. Hmm. So, I guess i'm just going to compile the mother of all '50 things to do before i turn 50'  lists, and that way, I can get some real doozies on there as i'll have a ten year window to play with. Vegas! here I come...

I would ask some of you to share your resolutions with me, but as it stands, I know that pretty much no-one except myself reads this, lets alone knows of its existence. But, if/when you come across this, i'd love you to share :)

Much light, 
Mama Flamingo xxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment